Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What's Holding You Back From Your Dreams?

By Jan Janzen


Peggy is 3 foot 8 inches tall. As she got on stage at the RISE conference, I just knew that this woman was going to inspire me and I wasn´t disappointed. Her oldest sibling had also been a dwarf but her parents were reassured by the doctors that it wouldn´t happen again. The next two children were of normal stature and then along came Peggy. The doctors had been wrong.


Peggy´s interview was funny and insightful, provocative and inspiring. Later as I spoke with Peggy on a couple of occasions, I fell in love with her spunk and determination to make her impact on the world.


She wasn´t going to let her size, the stigmatism of her stature and ignorance of others stop her in any way, shape or form. Today as an internationally renowned motivational speaker, Peggy has a positive influence on everyone she meets. Every woman I spoke with at the conference had been deeply touched by Peggy.


Peggy shook me up as I realized that as much as I am “out there” living my dream, I am still holding part of me back. I bet you are too. I realized there was a safety buffer I had established psychologically that was in place to protect me and keep me safe. After struggling financially, emotionally and in my career years ago, I was now making sure that any challenges were averted and carefully avoided. I have to say, it didn´t feel particularly good as I realized what I had been doing but it was a great wake-up call.


Anybody I spoke to at length that weekend felt my turmoil as I experienced my own version of what I call Divine Discontent. At the same time, I knew that my life would never be the same. A barrier had been exposed and was in the process of crumbling. A belief I had set up to keep me safe was now outdated and actually limiting.


Are you too staying safe to a fault, protecting yourself from the challenges, issues, and risks of playing life full on? You see, it´s easy to find all the reasons why you can´t live your dream. It´s easy to be complacent, apathetic and distracted. It´s easy to talk about a dream with a sense of longing and at the same time, with a detachment that doesn´t allow it to really get into the fibre of your life and cause change. And these days, it´s certainly easy to let the everyday issues of life push dreams into the deepest recesses of our souls.


But I know that isn´t where my readers want to be. I´ve heard from enough of you over the years to know that the vast majority of you yearn for a life that is contributing, that is more than average, and that is meaningful, passionate and on purpose. You´re not ordinary folks and that is a good thing. The world needs extra-ordinary people who are willing to step up to the plate, look at the challenges and then still move ahead fearlessly.


How can you do that? If you didn´t listen to the teleclass I did last month on Creating Your Amazing Life: 5 simple ways to have more money, less stress and more fun in your life, then register to get it now. Listen to it, take notes and apply the suggestions. I am getting excellent reviews in from people who took action after that teleclass.


Bring your dream up to the front burner of your life and turn it on high. Do something to fuel that dream by talking about it, writing about it, reading about it and getting attached to the dream emotionally. I asked the question in the teleclass: On your deathbed, what will you regret not doing that you can do now?


There are lots of inspirational people like Peggy around the world. Find one or two that inspires you and allow yourself to be inspired. Remove the safety latch, take down the barriers in your mind to living your dream and let´s follow the path of the leaders who are living their dream.


There´s plenty of room for us all.


Go Make It An Amazing Day!





Jan Janzen is a non-denominational minister, healer and business coach. She is the author of two books and 10 CDs for the spiritual entrepreneur. To receive Jan's complimentary ebook: 10 Secrets to Living the Life of Your Dreams, visit www.janjanzendaily.com